ABOUT SUBMENTAL FULLNESS
Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”, is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can impact a broad range of adults, including both men and women, and can be influenced by several factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, and is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
If you’re bothered by submental fullness, you’re not alone. According to a 2014 survey conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS):
• 68% of people said they’re bothered by under-the-chin fullness, or double chin.
• People are just as bothered by under-the-chin fullness as they are by lines and wrinkles around
and under their eyes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
KYBELLA™ (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness.
You and your doctor will design a customized treatment plan to help you improve your chin profile. Many patients experience visible contouring of their chin profile in two to four treatment sessions spaced at least one month apart. Up to 6 treatments may be administered.
KYBELLA™ has been the focus of a global clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which over 1,600 have been treated with KYBELLA™.
In the pivotal Phase III clinical trials:
• 68.2% of patients responded to KYBELLA™, compared to 20.5% of patients who responded
to placebo, based on validated physician and patient measurements.
• 79% of patients treated with KYBELLA™ reported satisfaction with the appearance of their face
• After being treated with KYBELLA™, patients reported improvement in self-perception, including
feeling happier and younger based on their chin profile, as well as feeling less embarrassed, less
self-conscious, less overweight and less bothered by submental fullness.
• KYBELLA™ can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing or nerve injury in the jaw
that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness. The most common side effects of
KYBELLA™ include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness in the
KYBELLA™ is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called, “double chin.” It is not known if KYBELLA™ is safe and effective in children less than 18 years of age. It is not known if KYBELLA™ is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area.