What is Telehealth/Teledermatology?
Telehealth, also known as Telemedicine and Teledermatology, allows you to have a dermatology appointment from the comfort and safety of your home using your smartphone or computer. Everyone with new concerns or chronic conditions can be dignosed and get prescriptions through Telehealth.
During your telemedicine appointment, you can:
• Have your skin, hair, or nail problem examined.
• Have a suspicious spot checked on your skin.
• Get prescription treatments for a chronic skin condition, like psoriasis or eczema.
• Be prescribed medication for your skin condition if necessary.
• Receive care when it is convenient to you.
While Telehealth can't always replace an in-person visit with your dermatologist, it can help in times when you can't get to their office.
Telehealth works best for visible skin, hair, and nail conditions, including:
• Red Complexion
• Uneven Skin Tone
• Sensitive Skin Issues
• Brittle Nails
• Suspicious spot or mole
We can send you a home kit to test your mole for Melanoma. No Biopsy and no scar needed anymore. Only one mole can be tested with each kit. Our office was one of the first in California to use the new state-of-the-art genomic tape test. Best of all it doesn't even hurt. Watch video below to learn more.
Prescriptions work faster than over-the-counter creams. Let us help you make a difference in your life today.
To find out if Telehealth may be the right choice for your dermatology appointment, complete the online (if you are a first time patient) and submit an right now. If it is after 5:00pm, we will likely respond in the morning. Your Telehealth appointment could include:
• A video conference with a Medical Dermatology Provider.
• Sending your Dermatology information — such as pictures of your condition and written descriptions.
• Getting a specialized skin care regimens and prescriptions if necessary mailed to your home.
Telehealth (Video Appointments) Now Available
Watch this video on how the Abhesive Skin Collection Kit works